Globalization: Social & Geographic Perspectives

a qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog

Open to your suggestions on structuring short response Qs on Exam

May 4th, 2011 · No Comments
Course Announcements

Part I of the final will be the same as the midterm — you choose 7 out of 10 key terms (full set provided on review sheet; generally indicated on slides by bold italics).  Part II will be a set of questions based on the required material from the second half of the course.  You will choose 4 out of a larger set of questions and write a response of at least one paragraph.  As you well know, we’ve covered a lot of ground since the midterm.  So I need to delimit the material that will be covered in the questions.  In the past, the questions have been linked to specific items (almost always, texts, mostly from the reader).  I could keep it that way, but link it to a specific subset of required material.  If you’d like to keep it that way, which items do you think should be in the subset?

Or the questions could be more thematic, in which case you’d be free to draw on *any* material, required or recommended, for your response.  In this case, I’d provide a list of themes/topics/general questions in advance, on the review sheet.  If anyone has any thoughts on this — suggested themes/topics/questions —  let me know (here or in class).

Other proposals are welcome too.  I’m curious to hear your thoughts about what makes a good exam (i.e., good meaning providing fair assessment — not good as in easy, of course ;)

Tagged:

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

You must log in to post a comment.